Subscribe To My Podcast

Jan 10, 2007

A new low with High


Yesterday I was preparing an investment matrix and had to match the Instruments with the Investment goals. I had analysed all the instruments for investing and written the 10 Investment goals one could have. And now it was a simple job of writing, High Medium and Low, on the matrix.

Half way I stare and pause at the word, High. High is a word? Did I mean to write Height. Is it a spelling mistake? Wont I appear a fool if I wrote all the wise things about financial planning and came with a nonsense word?

Does the Word "High" exist, I ask myself. And realise I just dont know. Its not frustrating or irritating. Just a dull feeling of acceptance. I cant remember and its probably a word which doesnt exist. Next time I would try to google or use the spell check. But its hard many times to question what I accept.

Its tough enough when the dreams are crystal clear and the memories vague, spending 10 minutes every morning, wondering what I had dreamt, and to correct my memory. To put it simply, if I wanted to make a phone call, I would probably dream about it, and the next day, continue to believe I had made that phone call:D, unless I remember, that it was a Dream.
How important is memory? Is Life better as a moment, or a memory?

Perhaps I would enjoy life more, if its just a moment.
But I still prefer the memories, for reasons I dont remember at the moment :)

Forgetting High might be a new low for me,

But when the potential in everyone is infiniteI still believe,
I can reach for the sky
Inspite of the lows, can reach new highs.

4 comments:

  1. moments and memory are both important ... moments to enjoy .. and memory to cherish those enjoyed moments and well the not-so-good moments too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had read somewhere long back that memories of dreams are stored with/without a special chemical not found/found associated with real memories. If differentiating is difficult, there is surely some dimag mein chemical locha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. one has more than 1 dream so its tough to remember them all and "file them away as just dreams". the prob with my dreams is most of the reality is like watching something on a 14inch tv while the dream is like watchin a 3d movie with touch effects..its just more closer, in higher definition and seems more real..and stirs up the emotions (brain chemicals more easily)..brain chemical balance problem probably as u say..the subconscious unpredicatability scares me b4 sleep..but on the plus side i have watched some good movies while sleeping..

    on the memory front, while its tough i don't want to be pitied, since i found out ,i remember things, people dont, since i memorise things differently..(real life hare and tortoise)..

    thanks on the chemical dream info, will find out more about it..

    ReplyDelete

Have a Great Day!