Quetzal & Pinks got it right
- Every Day, Every Minute a woman dies while giving birth in the world
- 1 among every 13 women in developing countries die during pregnancy or childbirth due to complications.
- 1 in 4100 it would be in a developed country,
- And more girls and women die from the complications of childbirth in developing countries than from any other cause.
- Maternal deaths alone do not reveal the full scale of the tragedy. In fact, for every woman who dies from complications related to childbirth, approximately 30 more suffer injuries, infections, and disabilities which are usually untreated and unspoken of.
- An estimated 300 million women today - or a quarter of the women in the developing world - have sustained problems in pregnancy and childbirth that have profoundly affected their lives.
Almost two-thirds of Indian women, mostly living in villages, give birth at home.
More than half of this country’s women are anemic and only 20 percent of mothers receive all the required components of prenatal care.
Motherhood should be about life not about death, right?
for more my post http://wisedonkey.blogspot.com/2005/01/5-minutes_26.html