Subscribe To My Podcast

Apr 24, 2006

Fly & I - More stupid than a Fly

I try to make the best of this moment,
though there is a fly buzzing around me
And while I am absolutely irritated with it
It seems truly delighted to be around me

Yet if an earthquake happened now
How silly would it be, to not enjoy the last moments of my life,
Just because of a fly?

I try to duck the fly and oh God, thats a trial
Errr God wouldnt the world be better if while creating the fly, you had paused for a while..

Well its just a fly not a bee or a mosquito or aargh a cockroach..
So perhaps I should try to be thankful and smile
And though life isnt great, this post isnt great
I will be thankful for it being not worse, and still smile for a while

Because even if its not a earthquake, ultimately my life is going to be only for a (long) while
And my life includes the time I spend sulking over a fly
Time has a funny way of flying even when you dont want it to fly
And ultimately, I dont want to be more stupid than a fly.

Blog post no.270

12 comments:

  1. Whoa.. me first.... just flying by to make sure no one coments before me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. vaibhav :D now that i am bloggin in o3, i think there is not goin to be much competition here for you:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow i like it when people just let their imaginations FLY...

    ReplyDelete
  4. WTF is o3????

    And why u leaving Blogger, donks? Why? Why?

    ReplyDelete
  5. paddy thanks:)
    vaibhav o3 is the blogsite of Indiatimes where i blogged earlier..and when i dont blog there, the bloggers comment in this blog..
    o3 has finally allowed me to post again (my problems with o3 admin is almost infinite:D).

    anyway in a nutshell, even if no one visited this blog, i will NEVER EVER quit blogspot.. this is my main blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is my main blog

    Much glad to hear that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Fly in the soup?" Well, I'm just trying to be a "Fly"(vexing, stupid, whatever..)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!

    I used to write poems in this fashion long back. By 'fashion' I mean simple rhymes, with simple thoughts, of course, less profound than yours, here.

    But now I hardly write poetry. For instance, my latest poem was written after 3.5 years, and don't know when will I write next.

    But there's one side effect of this kind of poem. It reminded me, the kind of studies I am into, is something I do not want to do! :(

    I too would not like to die simply solving some stupid multiple choice questions (MCQs) moments before an earthquake. Somehow, this poem reminded me, I've forgotten what I always wanted to do in life (sic). There are so few things that I do to become happy, except for blogging related things. Life is extremely monotonous. And in last couple of years, I've become too stringent in judging people. I don't enjoy company as much as I used to. I share my feelings only with online people. And you know, I was not like that a few years back.

    Sorry for the rant. Don't worry, though I did blame your poem (and by extension you, too), I just keep on finding excuses to not study. :)

    Read the poem twice! Sweet post. :)

    TC.

    PS: Now this should not come as some sort of boasting, but I realized how superficially some of the readers used to read your posts. They don't even know what they had missed out on! You're truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I write for myself. its upto the readers to read and absorb:)

    but its always nice to be appreciated:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was trying to draw a distinction between sincere, and well, not-so-sincere attempts at reading and appreciation. :)

    But going by your experience at blogging, and dealing with people, I guess, you about all that. TC.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was trying to draw a distinction between sincere, and well, not-so-sincere attempts at reading and appreciation. :)

    But going by your experience at blogging, and dealing with people, I guess, you about all that. TC.

    ReplyDelete

Have a Great Day!